Thursday

Suzie For Hire

WWSD? Suzie already has a job -- her job is in the home.

I need a job, bad. I have been hunting for a job for weeks now and nothing. Not a call back, not a kiss my ass, nothing. I'm starting to freak out a little bit. Dick canceled putting the house on the market (and I still have no idea why), so I'm still paying the hefty mortgage along with all the other bullshit. The money in the bank is slowly dwindling away.

I've thought about having a yard sale. Dick has tons of shit laying around here and I'm sure I could get a few bucks from quite a bit of it. Frankly, I'm sick of looking at all his shit anyway. I've thought about cleaning houses being as I love to clean, but keep imagining myself ending up in an old perve's house and having to repeat this scene. I've even thought about standing on a corner and seeing what comes my way (kidding, kind of).

I finally got a call back the other day. The company conducted an interview over the phone. I thought all went well and they said they'd call me back to set up a time to come to their office and fill out all the necessary paperwork. That was a couple of days ago and still -- nothing. I've tried to call them numerous times, but there's never an answer.

I guess I'll be hitting the trail again tomorrow. No point in waiting for something that may or may not happen. I think I'll don my short skirt and low-cut blouse, apply my makeup perfectly, and attempt to kick some ass tomorrow. Somebody better hire me or I may just have to go postal! If you happen to turn on the news and hear about the crazy woman bomber don't worry, it's just me.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Just a thought that worked for me 6 years ago, try applying to jobs that you really have no experience in, I know it sounds crazy but thats what I did 6years ago and I'm still at the company and quite skilled at my job. Most places will offer on the job training, and if you have no training they are more apt to hire you because they dont have to pay you as much as they would someone thath as 10 years experience in the field.

Once you get in you can dazzle and how great you are, and you can advance from the bottom, the wage may be shitty in the beginning but money is money and it helps, and your never stuck if you absolutly hate it; or something better comes along you can jump ship and try something else.

Good luck!

Derek Bowles said...

Good luck, I know the exactly what you're going through, minus the mortgage and kids.

Dennis A Carroll said...

Miss Suzie,
Join the crowd. I haven't had full-time for longer than I care to admit. I have become a househusband--I really don't care to admit that, but . . .

Good Luck, Miss.

Miss Suzie said...

@Disposable Pixi: That is actually a really good idea. I'm getting to the point that I don't care what the pay is as long as there are benefits and a paycheck.

@Derek: Yes, the whole situation sucks ass, but you already knew that.

@Dennis: Sorry to hear that and I wish you luck as well!

Robin said...

Bad time to be without a job :(. I can't really give you any advice here since I have no real experience in finding jobs (still a student, after all).

Keep on trying I guess, that's all you can do. Good luck!

Robin

Miss Suzie said...

@Robin: Thank you for your well wishes!