Monday

Cold Beer - Colder Bitch

I went to the local sports bar to watch the Bengals-Steelers game yesterday. I had every intention of sitting alone at a table, sipping beer from the bottle, and cheering my boys on. I wore my OchoCinco jersey and jeans and had my "wish a motherfucker would" face on. I found a table and was prepared to enjoy my evening.

That wasn't going to happen.

I wasn't there ten minutes when a guy approached my table (wearing a Roethlisberger jersey to boot). He asked if I was alone to which I replied yes. He then asked if I wanted company to which I replied not really. He pulls out a seat and sits down anyway. He goes on to say I probably wouldn't want to be alone after we (the Bengals) lost and he was there to offer a shoulder to cry on. I was about to punch him dead in his damn nose when he offered to buy my drinks.

Sold.

The guy was cute, but the conversation was not. All he talked about was himself and how hard his life had been. Needless to say, when the game was over, I got up to leave. He said "it looks like I'm the one who needs a shoulder to cry on" (his team lost) to which I replied yup. As I was about to leave he made the comment but I bought you drinks (thinking this would make me stick around a while). I told him that I didn't ask him to and that I don't hang out with losers. I blew him a kiss and left.

I hate when ignorant assholes think just because they buy you a few drinks, you owe them something. I think next time, I'll offer to buy their drinks if they leave me the hell alone.

7 comments:

me said...

"I'll buy ya a beer, Missy!"

lol

Hope you are well. I am getting settled in Alaska and still enjoy your blog. Have a great day.

Beer Drinker Rob said...

I've met a few women like you before, I must admit. Cold, that is.

What kind of beer was it?

vision2eyes@gmail.com said...

great blog keep up the good work

DeRex said...

Rule one, don't buy strangers drink. Rule 2, let another guy buy the drinks, then when she is annoyed, offer better conversation.

Miss Suzie said...

@Dennis: You can buy me a beer anytime! =)

@Beer Drinker: That's me -- cold as ice. And I was drinking Corona.

@vision: Glad you added so much to the post.

@Derek: You seem to have done this a time or two. Good strategy!

Snow King 3000 said...

Never accept drinks from strangers :)

Miss Suzie said...

@Snow King: Hey, if it's free and comes in a capped bottle, I'm not turning it down! :P