Friday

Monkey See, Monkey Don't Do

WWSD? Suzie would take the mimicry as a compliment.

I can't stand copycats. I get irritated by unoriginal, thoughtless people who can't come up with their own shit. I don't mind someone borrowing ideas, but to copy and paste my whole damn post? Utterly ridiculous! I don't work my ass off in life to have someone else take the credit. This bitch needs to back the fuck up. (sorry for cussing)

It started with an email that had Miss Suzie - Please read this! as the subject. Hoping it was some sort of note confessing one's love for me and endless praises of how well I write, I opened it. To my horror, I found out that one of my beloved readers had stumbled onto another blog that was posting my stuff -- word for word nonetheless. When I visited the blog, my ears began burning and my blood began to boil. There, in black and white, was the words I had written.

I did as any good little Suzie would do (with the added flair I bring to the term). I left a heartfelt comment praising this woman for keeping it together in such terrible times. I wished her and her children well. I badmouthed Dick and told her she was better off without him. I then asked if she'd visit my blog as I think she could learn a thing or two. Three hours later, her blog is gone. I'm taking it that she got the hint.

For future reference, I do not care if you use my ideas. Call your husband Dick, refer to yourself as Suzie, and bitch and complain about all of life's woes. I couldn't care less and would welcome the competition. All I ask is don't copy me word for word. I write in a way that my personality shines through and more than likely, you wouldn't do it justice. There is only one me -- I'd like to keep it that way.

11 comments:

Green Curmudgeon said...

Signorina - they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, however plagiarism is an absolute no. You do have an inherent copyright on your work, and you can tell her to desist immediately. I urge you to do so.

Ralph Ivy said...

Wow, Ms. Suzie. You are a good commentator. I like the way you handled the situation. Power punch with words. It's beyond me why anyone would try to copy you. I guess "word-for-word" could be the only attempt because you are so specifically YOU. And you being you is why I enjoy regularly checking out what you have to say.

(And of course I am hoping you maybe have a "grand-father fixation" so just in case you and Dick never work things out, you might become one of those wanna-be such ladies hanging out by my mailbox and screaming when I open the door. - My dream is 6 such ladies. Unrealistic? Well... I think - uh, no...it could happen.))

Miss Suzie said...

@Green Curmudgeon: It appears that she has deleted the blog, but I'll be keeping my eyes on her.

@Ralph: You know, I do have a thing for older men. :)

Derek Bowles said...

All I ask is don't copy me word for word. I write in a way that my personality shines through and more than likely, you wouldn't do it justice. There is only one me -- I'd like to keep it that way.

I can't stand copycats. I get irritated by unoriginal, thoughtless people who can't come up with their own shit. I don't mind someone borrowing ideas, but to copy and paste my whole damn post? Utterly ridiculous!

Miss Suzie said...

@derek: You're an ass!

Miss Suzie said...

@derek: Haha! You're probably right.

Derek Bowles said...

:D It was that or profess my undying love for you. I figured the first would be more appreciated.

Cooking Asshole said...

crap...now I have to take my blog down.

Miss Suzie said...

@ALN: I had a feeling you were the one behind it. Shame on you!

amrhima said...

although wat she (he??) did was terrible, who can blame her, ur writings are great and very seducing for an immitator.....LOVE YOUR BLOG...I write and usually read about something totally different but this is just great so I gotta follow.

Miss Suzie said...

@amrhima: Thanks! You are too kind. :)