Tuesday

Scarbble

WWSD? Suzie would only use proper, English words.

I feel it has been rather pissy around here the last few days and figured I'd lighten the mood by letting you all in on a game the kids and I play. We call it Scarbble and it is played exactly like Scrabble - except the words cannot be actual words, but have to make some sort of sense anyway. Here are a few that we came up with last night (along with their meanings):

trilava: Lava that has been heated and cooled three times.

mudpud: A dirty moped that makes the sound "pud, pud, pud, pud, pud" when started.

nichewit: Someone who is only witty on one subject.

poopil: A poodle with big pupils.

hammuck: A dirty hammock.

doorcob: A doorknob made from a corncob.

pless: A plentiful mess.

lintitude: The exact location of lint.

Those were just a few we had come up with. We will be having a rematch soon, so I invite you to submit your own words and maybe I can use them to whip the socks right off their feet next time. Yes, I am a poor loser and overly competitive, so help a lady out.

5 comments:

Green Curmudgeon said...

Dunch or linner - a main meal consumed between 2 and 4 PM.

Ralph Ivy said...

sonfuse - temporarily confusing son and daughter.

conqueer - to conquer a gay friend's put-down by pretending you are one too.

Fryday - weekly celebration with all grease on the table.

shelium - a less gassy version of helium.

whew...all I could come up with. I certainly wouldn't challenge you to a game!

Miss Suzie said...

@Green Curmudgeon: I like those. My kids and I are big fans of "brunch" when we sleep in on the weekends.

@Ralph: Nice! I think you may have played this before and I may have found some competition. :)

Derek Bowles said...

I've played a similar game, involving alcohol. I unfortunately can not remember any of the words.

However here are some alternate spellings for words, I don't know if they would be accepted though.

Wrassle
Squerl
chihweeny- wiener dog and Chihuahua

Miss Suzie said...

@derek: Chihweeny would pass for sure. The other two, I'll let slide due to your alcohol induced impairment. :)