Saturday

Ebb And Flo

WWSD? Suzie would overlook the fact that she's bloated and cramping and help her husband plant the garden.

Let me first start by saying that I didn't want a garden in no way, shape, or form. I knew what was going to happen. Dick and the kids would till the soil and plant the seeds. I would be the one spending the entire summer weeding and picking the fruits of their labor while they were out having a good ole time. I really wasn't feeling that idea at all.

So, you can imagine my dismay when I woke up this morning to not only a visit from my Aunt Flo, but my darling husband demanding that I help plant the garden.

As any good little Suzie would do I put on a smile, popped a few Tylenol, threw on some shorts, and got to work. I must say, it was rather satisfying to picture my husband's face as if it were the soil as I dug. There was something calming about chopping worms in half as I mixed in the fertilizer. But, by the time I was done, I didn't feel like doing a thing.

As always though, a good little Suzie’s work is never done. I must now wash the laundry and prepare something for dinner. I think I’ll throw a red shirt in with my load of whites and overcook my spaghetti noodles. Hopefully that will make me feel better.

No comments: