Monday

Nailed At The Stake

WWSD? Suzie would think: No real harm, no real foul.

Dick worked his ass off to make our front yard look immaculate. It is one of the things he has actually done right, so I am quite protective over it. I had begun to notice that the edge of the yard (closest to the road) was beginning to wear thin. Upon closer inspection, I discovered why. There were distinct tire marks down half the damn yard. With the recent rain, it looked more like a pig's pen than an actual yard.

As petty as this was, it pissed me off. I could see if we lived on a narrow street and people had to use my yard when passing other vehicles, but that isn't the case. The roads are wider than most and there is no excuse to need to rip my yard to shreds for anything. Somebody was appaently just being an asshole.

So, I went to the store and bought these little stakes that resembled a mini-fence. I had a few of those up for about a week before I noticed people were simply driving over them as if they weren't even there. Not only did this piss me off, but it pushed me over the edge (yes, I could probably use some Xanax). The bitch came bubbling out and all hell was about to break loose.

I have since replaced the stakes, but have added a little extra reinforcement -- some three inch nails I had found lying around in Dick's dungeon garage. I'm not sure just yet, but I think that should do the trick.

4 comments:

lisleman said...

I know some use boulders. Do you think it happens at night? Drunk driver? Maybe you could rig-up a siren.

It pisses me off when it is just plain disregard for other's property. I've seen where the whole vehicle when through the grass and around a tree. Stupid teenagers joy riding around I guess.

This stuff can make you feel and act like an old person.

Miss Suzie said...

@lisleman: Haha! When I wrote this post, I kept thinking to myself "You sound like your grandfather!"

Haley said...

I dont have that problem because I live on a long dirt road, and my driveway is fairly long as well with a gate at the end. However, the problem I do have is some mornings leaving out, I find beer cans at the end of my driveway. It irritates the hell out of me, I can only imagine how you feel about somebody driving in your yard!

Miss Suzie said...

@haley: Ooh...I've had people throw trash in my ditch and yep, it pisses me off just as much.