Tuesday

Once Bitten, Twice Shy

WWSD? Suzie would welcome him back with open arms and a smile on her face.

I must have fool written across my forehead. I must walk around with a kick me sign taped to my back. Apparently, I am giving off the vibe that I am a sucker and will fall for anything because Dick thinks he can send a few half-hearted apologies via text messaging and I'm supposed to just take him back? Uh, no.

I don't know where people get off thinking they can hurt you, say sorry, and waltz back into your life like nothing happened. Do they not realize that they have to prove they are sorry and not just merely say the words? Why in the hell would I believe he is sorry when not only has he done this before, he's done it numerous times?

Let me guess: I'll take him back, things will be fine for a minute, things begin to get a little rough, and bam -- he's gone again. Sorry, but I'm no fool. There aren't enough I'm sorrys to warrant me allowing this poor excuse for a man back into my life. Someone could not pay me enough to deal with his issues any longer. Even if he promised to cook and clean until his dying days -- I am not taking him back.

So now I'm torn between listing his sorry ass on craigslist (as Satan reincarnated) or auctioning him off on ebay (as no longer needed). I'm sure I wouldn't get much either way I went, but it would be fun to screw with him anyway. Perhaps I'll list him on both, send him the links via text messaging, and tell him to leave me the hell alone. Even if he doesn't get the hint, I'll get a good laugh. I hate assholes!

8 comments:

Green Curmudgeon said...

Signorina - I would take this as Dick's version of the "Charge of the Light Brigade". For those who haven't heard of this - a brigade of British horse cavalry were ordered to charge the Russian guns at the Battle of Balaclava in the Crimean War. They were blown to pieces, yet they followed orders to the last. In Dick's case, he's realised that his doom without your strength and guidance is certain. He did nothing to hold onto this, of course, and he is assuming the position of a sponger - but he was ready to charge the metaphorical Russian guns, just to make sure that there was no chance that he couldn't continue to leech off of you. To conclude: you're not a sucker, Signorina - he's desperate.

Ralph Ivy said...

Whoa. From the illustration you chose for this post it certainly looks like you are treading the edge of dangerous waters! I mean, alligators look tame! The fishy snakes and the topic automatically triggered the soundtrack from "Jaws." (When I first saw that movie with my then wife, and the music beat would start to drum, I'd hand her my popcorn and stand up and rush to the bathroom.)

Keep on keeping on, Miss Suzie. It's a dramatic world.

Miss Suzie said...

@Green Curmudgeon: He is grasping at straws at this point. He had the nerve to invite me fishing this morning! I should have went just to throw him overboard!

@Ralph: A dramatic world indeed. I'm just ready for this movie to come to its end (or at least lose the subtitles). :)

GreenCurmudgeon said...

Signorina - that's an invitation you could have accepted if you lived near the Amazon river. Piranha fish live there. There is also the candiru fish, which if Dick decided to urinate in the water, would swim up the flow. How the fish is persuaded to leave, I shall leave to your imagine.

Irtiza104 said...

no, saying SORRY is not enough... i have learnt that well.

Miss Suzie said...

@GreenCurmudgeon: Is it bad that I couldn't stop laughing while picturing that happening?

@Irtiza104: Me and you both. "Show me, don't tell me" is my new motto.

Milla said...

Power to you!!!

Miss Suzie said...

@Milla: Thank you!