Tuesday

The Other Woman

WWSD? Suzie would not mind that her husband has a mistress and would blame it on him just being a man.

Night after night, it is the same old story. I sit on the couch and flip through channels, hoping to find the meaning of life or at least a halfway decent drama to make fun of while Dick spends his time with her.

She, my dear readers, is a wonderful companion so I see why he adores her. She doesn't talk back (unlike me who tends to talk too much). She is always ready and available (unlike me who has to split my time between squawking kids, dirty laundry, endless cooking, and anything else that has to be done around here). She complains about nothing (while I tend to complain about quite a bit).

She, my dear readers, is also known as our computer and she must go down.

I've taken it upon myself to learn a thing or two about her. I've found that she doesn't resist viruses very well. I've found that if you take away her cookies, she moves much slower. I've discovered that I can't give her the boot as she just comes back, but she does have a mouse and when you feed her mouse baby oil, she gets quite squirrelly about it.

I was sure that with all this new information, I would be able to dispose of her rather easily, but it turns out that after all my research, I've now developed a crush on her myself.

2 comments:

GreenCurmudgeon said...

It's a love affair that lasts a lifetime - however as you learn to use it, you will find that it has a personality, it has moods, it has times when it's cranky, and times when it's demanding and restless. It also gets sick. It's rather like a puppy, actually.

Miss Suzie said...

@GreenCurmudgeon: A puppy -- minus the fur and potty mishaps.