Saturday

A Pill Isn't The Answer

WWSD? Suzie would say okay and welcome him back.

This just in -- I received a text from Dick saying he is willing to go to counseling to figure out why he's such a dick. I said I needed proof and he brought me back a doctor's signed prescription for Zoloft (an anti-depressant).

Okay, wow! I fucked this man over so bad he needs medication? He's sad because he had a woman that took care of him and his children? He can't function because he had everything and now he can't cope? Ugh!

I wish he could switch places with me for one day. I wish he could referee the kids, fix breakfast lunch and dinner, keep the house clean, keep himself looking presentable, go on countless job interviews, battle the old perves on a regular, and feel halfway decent when the day is over. It isn't easy.

Give me medication. Give me something so I can forget the fact that I'm doing this on my own. So I can forget the fact that I could have been so many things, but chose this instead. Give me something so I don't feel bad when my son asks me what I did to make dad go away. Give me the piece of mind to know that karma is really real.

I can't stand people who hide behind shit. If you have problems, admit them and deal with them. Don't hide behind shit or sweep them under the rug. Your problems will always be there until you deal with them -- medication isn't going to do it for you.

6 comments:

Robin said...

Very much agreed. Though if he becomes depressed it isn't always as easy as 'deal with it!' so try not to give him to hard a time.

Having said that, I think anti depressants is a very risky medication. I've seen people around me use it and it really changes a persons character. I don't like medicine. I prefer not to be sick to begin with.

Robin

Dennis A Carroll said...

Pills are a problem. Seems like the American way. People don't admit their problems--sounds like Dick is doing everything to skirt the issue.

Skirt brings up my problem. I am addicted to wearing kilts. I can't help it. Women just love them--I hear.

Anyway, until Dick admits a problem--whatever it is--there won't be a place to make change from. During my parents divorce, my mom's lawyer told me that any problem in the marriage will become a problem in the divorce. He was right, right, right.

Hopefully, you and Dick can find a way to right the problem before a divorce.

Disposable Pixi said...

A word of advice for you, don't blame yourself - you didnt fuck this man up so much he needs medication, chances are he's needed it for a while.

The only person that can fix this is Dick, the medication isn't a fix all but it may be a start to Dick seeing a clearer world and seeing what he has done to you, and the kids. Couneling isn't a bad option however I do think that he needs to do it himself, he needs to fix his issues.

Keep your head up girl! Your an amazing mother and woman so dont get down!

Pankaj Upadhyay said...

Take care of you girl...Don't loose faith..Have you read 'If' by Rudyard Kipling..read it.. you will get some inspiration..

Miss Suzie said...

@Robin: I don't like medicine either and I feel in his case, it would just be something else to hide behind.

@Dennis: I believe he may be skirting the issue as well and speaking of skirts, I love a man in a kilt!

@Disposable Pixi: I agree with you 100% although it took me a while to realize it had nothing to do with me.

@Pankaj: Thank you for your kind words!

Claire said...

"Give me medication. Give me something so I can forget the fact that I'm doing this on my own."

Ouch! I feel for you. That was really powerful stuff :(

I really hope he does something to sort himself out, medication on its own is not enough in my opinion.