Monday

Parenting With Pea Soup

We all know how I feel about pissy toilets. Well, it seems as if I have a new, even more disgusting problem on my hands. Apparently my daughter has forgotten how to flush after stinking up the bathroom. This was the second morning in a row that I go to open the bathroom windows upstairs and have been greeted with the stench of shit that has been marinating overnight. Needless to say, I've had it.

Searching for something, but not sure what, I found my answer in the pantry. Pea soup. I opened the can, poured some of the contents in the toilet, let some splash on the toilet seat, and smeared some on a piece of toilet paper that I let hang into the bowl by a thread. By the time I was done, it looked as if some very sick person had exploded in the bathroom.

Perfect.

I then grabbed a sponge and some cleaner and set it beside the mess. When my little princess gets home from school, she will realize how disgusting it is to have to clean that shit up. Hopefully, by the time she is finished, she will never forget to flush again. I'd hate to have to take it a step further and yes, I am evil, but they still call me mom.

12 comments:

crpitt said...

This is a wonderful idea! I wonder if it would work on dad? He is disgusting. Actually as if it would work, I would end up cleaning that as well!

Miss Suzie said...

@Claire: I'm pretty sure if you refused to clean it, he'd do it the next time he had to "go." Or at least I hope he wouldn't just sit on it. Eww.

DeRex said...

My sister has the same problem. Quite annoying

Miss Suzie said...

@Derek: They say girls tend to be rather disgusting in the bathroom and going by public restrooms, I'd have to say it's true.

Midwest Mom said...

Wow. That is just so nasty.

I've never been a fan of pea soup (can't imagine *why* you would have it in your pantry, actually...)

But in the toilet?

ick.

Miss Suzie said...

@Midwest Mom: I hate pea soup! Dick bought it when he lived here and failed to take it with him when he left. Seemed fitting to dump it down the toilet.

Nita said...

If this works I would like to know about it. If it works, its not evil. :)

Miss Suzie said...

@Nita: Time will tell if it works, but I was happy to see a clean toilet this morning. =)

Victoria Hart said...

Great idea! I'm with you on the toilet responsibility. I can't cope with the urine on the floor bit.

Miss Suzie said...

@Victoria: Yes. There's something about stepping in a puddle of piss that really sets me off as well!

Lauren said...

I like your way of parenting. Show rather than tell...

Miss Suzie said...

@Lauren: Thanks. It seems to do the trick.