Wednesday

A Hairy Situation

Every morning, it is the same damn war. After packing lunches and preparing breakfast, it comes down to mom vs. daughter’s hair. My daughter has very long hair and hates having it brushed. I finally agreed that she was old enough to accomplish the task herself and even bought a detangling spray to help her out a little. Problem is, she isn’t using it nor is she brushing her hair.

I’ve threatened to chop her hair off, but she saw right through that lie. I needed to come up with something more believable and it was the other night, while feeding my dogs, that I had a revelation.

I began telling my daughter if she didn’t take care of her hair that it would begin to fall out. I told her that it already started to look weak. I then clipped some of my golden retriever’s hair (an almost exact color match) and begin leaving it on her pillow, in the hood of her coat, and anywhere else she may notice it.

It was yesterday after dinner that she finally approached me. With a wad of hair in her hands, she asked if she started taking care of her hair, would it grow back or was it too late. I told her that the only surefire way to prevent more from falling out was to brush twice a day for at least a week and then at least once a day every day thereafter.

Needless to say, she is using the detangling spray and combing her hair as she should. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to figure out how to get my son to put his clothes in the hamper and not on the floor.

5 comments:

TJ Lubrano said...

Haha! What a genius way to make her comb her hair! Oooh it did gave me flashbacks to when I was younger. I soo didn't want to comb my hair, my hair was just above my butt and very thick...yes. the daily brush was a nightmare! But my mom just made me sit and started to comb my hair -_-'.

Oh I was so happy when I got layers in it ^_^.

Deray said...

Provided your daughter never finds out about the dog hair I'm sure she will have luscious hair for life ;) jajajajajajaja

Now, for your son: make his clothes disappear, anything that he throws on the floor is gone.

Miss Suzie said...

@TJ: I haven't thought about layering her hair. I may just have to take her to my stylist. Thanks!

@Deray: Good idea. I did that with his toys when he was smaller and it worked. Thank you!

DeRex said...

You mean clothes don't belong on the floor? This is news to me...

Miss Suzie said...

@Derek: I kind of figured you'd be that kind of guy. You'll make some lady quite...um...happy someday.